Rivendale Farms of Bulger, PA, is a diversified farm with organic growing practices approximately 20 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. The farm consists of roughly 8 acres in mixed vegetables, wheat, herbs, and flowers as well as Jersey dairy cows, free-range laying hens, and maple syrup production among other things. Rivendale approached Gateway Engineers during the initial phase of the project design. Asked to assist with conceptual grading, site, and utility layout for the farm facility, what began as a simple concept quickly turned into a project with expanded scope and a compressed schedule.
Utilizing the various our services, Gateway answered the call when asked to assist during every stage of the design and construction of the project. From the conceptual design to inspection and oversight during construction, Gateway demonstrated the benefits and efficiencies that came along with using our full-service engineering firm for the various services that the project demanded.
Below is a list of services that Gateway provided throughout the life of the project:
- Existing conditions survey
- Deed and property research
- Construction stakeout
- GIS Mapping
- Existing features mapping (for areas outside of the survey limits)
- Land Development
- Coordination with utility providers during design
- Construction plans and details
- Stormwater management using green infrastructure techniques
- Infiltration testing
- Permitting (Environmental and land development permits)
- Wetland and stream delineation report
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Earthwork inspection and testing
- Structural Engineering
- Traffic Engineering
- Coordination and permitting through PennDOT for the cattle crossing
- Inspection and Construction Oversight
- Coordination with utility providers during construction
In addition, by leveraging our relationships with local agencies and utility providers, Gateway obtained the necessary permits in an expedited manner to ensure the project continued seamlessly.
Despite the challenges that came with the tight schedule and numerous layout revisions, Gateway was able to meet the client’s expectations and help deliver a successful project from start to finish.