GIS Mapping Services
Our technicians combine top technology with decades of mapping expertise
A geographic information system (GIS) and digital relational database are indispensable for storage, access and updating of facilities and infrastructure maps. And while maps may show boundaries, the information that can be derived is boundless. With more than 60 years of mapping experience, Gateway Engineers knows how to keep voluminous data organized and seamlessly integrated, using an accurate base map and GPS data as the starting point.
Partnering with an experienced leader in GIS services is indispensable if you want your project completed the right way. That's why so many municipalities, school districts, transportation authorities and businesses throughout Western Pennsylvania turn to Gateway Engineers for GIS mapping services.
Gateway Engineers provides a proven process that delivers superior results
The GIS team at Gateway Engineers comprises technicians experienced in the fields of engineering and surveying, and we use the technology that is comprehensive, easy to use, centralized, and designed just for you.
Whether you need an entire GIS program or just the mapping that your own engineers can work from, Gateway Engineers is committed to providing the most cost-effective system available.
Gateway Engineers GIS Mapping services include, but are not limited to:
- GIS project management and technical support
- Needs Assessment Report preparation
- Zoning map preparation
- Street map preparation for snow removal
- Parcel map compilation (with block/lot numbers) for connection with software programs
- Sanitary sewer map preparation detailing as-built conditions (manholes, depths/grades and types of pipes, locations and corrective action information)
- Storm sewer map preparation detailing as-built conditions (inlets, manholes, end walls, headwalls, pipes, grades and maintenance information)
- Watershed map compilation for hydrologic studies
- Emergency evacuation plan preparation
- Road program mapping plans for municipalities
- GPS field locations
- Gas and waterline maps
- Fire hydrant maps
- Map books
- House number maps for 911 systems